Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome!

Ok, here is how it all started.  One day while looking at the clutter on my counter, I noticed some left over party supplies from a recent birthday party for my son.  I didn't want to throw it away, but wasn't sure what to do with the items.  A little while later the answer was laid on my heart.  I need to donate them to my local homeless shelter for children who may not get to celebrate their birthday while at a shelter.  I did not act on this until today!  I called my local women's shelter and asked if the children's birthdays are celebrated and the lady said they try to if the children are at the shelter on their birthday.

I normally have left over birthday party supplies, decorations and goodie bags as I am sure many of you do, so let's create a Giving Circle and start "paying it forward"!  I was also struck with the phrase Serves HIM Right for the name of this cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment